Wishing everyone much joy and happiness on this blessed day!
For three years now, it has become a tradition for me and the kids to run a 5k on Thanksgiving Day. We ran the Pelican Lakes Turkey Trot 5k in Windsor, CO. It was fun. Both me and my daughter got 3rd place in our age divisions and won a pie. It was cold, but the run was good and challenging.
Lots to be thankful for this day, including the ability to run. This race benefited Athletes in Tandem, an organization dedicated to helping athletes of all abilities compete in outdoor activities.
I’m grateful for all the support I’ve received here on my site and throughout my election bid for Town Board of Windsor.
Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day!
This weekend we went deer and elk hunting in the White River National Forest area near Buford, CO. Everyone in my family had a tag. And everyone got a deer!
This was super fun. The kids played all day long, making forts and playing games. We hunted in the morning and at night. My husband got his deer first. Then we went in order to make sure my girls got their deer first since they have never shot one before.
This is the first time we’ve all gotten something. It was definitely a trip to remember!
Tips for Hunting
- Take your time. Deer usually just stand there (they aren’t the most intelligent of species).
- Make sure of your target (rule #1 for hunting). You don’t want to shoot the wrong animal.
- Look near the trees and the open areas. You usually see deer crossing the meadows.
- Luck. Hunting is all about being in the right place at the right time.
Why Dogs Have a Shorter Life than Humans:
“People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued,
“Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.”
The Secret of Happiness from a Dog:
• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
Hug your dog today.